Wednesday, June 20, 2007

PSA Tuesday

Yesterday we had to have our public service announcements completed for class. This was really a lot of fun! I played camera girl, but especially loved editing the footage and making a movie. My husband played mentor and guided me through the steps and even showed me a few neat tricks. I can't believe I never thought of using this type of activity with my third graders. I can definitely see a few PSAs done on water conservation, soil conservation, or another such topic. This would fit into our unit and include lots of writing with the treatment and storyboard needed. But most importantly, an authentic problem to anchor the unit. I can't wait to try it next year!

2 comments:

Wantok said...

As an English teacher I can't tell you how pleased I am to see that you're integrating writing into your science curriculum! Not to mention how cool it would be to see a video produced by a third grader. Excellent.

Jodi said...

I loved your reaction to using the microphone! Best wishes as you end the cohort experience next week. I will be thinking of you.